Oliver Wieben, Ph.D.
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Universität Hannover, Germany
Dipl.-Ing., Electrical Engineering, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), Germany
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
My current research focuses on the development of rapid cardiovascular imaging methods for non-invasive magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and their application to improve clinically relevant diagnosis. I am investigating methods to improve the data acquisition and image reconstruction for more rapid MR imaging as well as post-processing methods to facilitate comprehensive, non-invasive hemodynamic assessment of the vascular system. I am also interested in the development of motion detection and correction schemes to compensate for physiological and involuntary motion in MR imaging.
- 2008 – present: Assistant Professor, Depts. of Medical Physics and Radiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 2007 – 2008: Associate Scientist, Depts. of Medical Physics and Radiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 2005 – 2007: Assistant Scientist, Depts. of Medical Physics and Radiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 2002 – 2005: Assistant Scientist, Dept. of Diagnostic Radiology - Medical Physics, Universität Freiburg, Germany.
Baden-Wurttemberg Exchange Program Scholar: One year scholarship at the Univesrity of Wisconsin-Madison organized by the Akademisches Auslandsamt Karlsruhe and the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DADD)
Vilas Travel Fellowship: from the Graduate Student Council of the University of Wisconsin
Research Fellowship (Ruckkehrerstelle), University Hospital Freiburg
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE): Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- Society (EMBS)
- The International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- The Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR)
- O. Wieben, “MRA: Physics and Instrumentation'', in Imaging of the Cardiovascular System, V. Ho and G. Reddy, Eds., Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, to be published in 2010.
- O. Wieben, “Complementary algorithms: going even faster'', in Medical Radiology – Diagnostic Imaging, Volume Parallel Imaging in Clinical MR Applications, S.O. Schoenberg, O. Dietrich, and M.F. Reiser, Eds., Berlin, Germany: Springer, 2006, p. 91-103.
- W.F. Block, A.L. Alexander, J.H. Brittain, S.B. Fain, M.E. Meyerend, C.J.Moran, S.B. Reeder, K.K. Vigen, and O. Wieben, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, in Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation, J. G. Webster, Ed., John Wiley and Sons, 2006, pp. 283-298.
- O. Wieben, “Image Guided Surgery'', in Minimally Invasive Medical Technology, J. G. Webster, Ed., Bristol, UK: IOP Publishing, 2001, pp. 152-175
- O. Wieben, “Virtual and Augmented Reality in Medicine'', in Minimally Invasive Medical Technology, J. G. Webster, Ed., Bristol, UK: IOP Publishing, 2001, pp. 176-194.
- O. Wieben, “Light Absorbance in Pulse Oximetry'', in Design of Pulse Oximeters, J. G. Webster, Ed., Bristol, UK: IOP Publishing, 1997, pp. 40-55.